What does information literacy mean to me?
"Information literacy is the ability to think critically and make balanced judgements about any information we find and use" (CILIP, 2018)
Do you feel you are information literate? We are putting together a skills for learning and research framework which will help students to learn the key skills they need at University and we want to gather views and ideas from students on the following:
- Which sources of information do you trust/distrust?
- Where do you search for information for your assignments?
- How confident do you feel in using academic information sources?
- How would you rate your critical thinking skills with information?
- Do you consider the ethics of your information use?
- What support do you need to learn to be information literate?
Come along to our stand in the Atrium as part of the Enhance Your Learning Skills Event and Digital December
- Wednesday, December 18, 2019
- 10:00am - 12:00pm
- Derby - Atrium Kedleston Road
- Derby Campus