“Surviving your first year” a session with Peer Assisted Learning Leaders from across the institution - StudyFest 2020 Online
The start of university can be overwhelming, but this session will provide tips from Peer Assisted Learning Leaders (current university students) to help you start off on the right foot. Your first year of university is, without a doubt, character-building, now more so than ever. Of course, this could be either a good thing or a bad thing. Jack, Hannah and Ella will be leading a workshop exploring their top tips on how you can survive your first year... and even thrive on it! Participants will be given the opportunity to guide the session on the support they need but we anticipate covering adapting to online learning, time management and making the most of the support available to you. Peer Assisted Learning is a scheme which is led by students in year 2 and above who help the transition to university and academic study of students within their discipline. This session and the wider scheme will provide -
- Advice and tips from students who have been in your position
- Support from a peer, (so you can feel confident in asking any question relating to your studies)
- Tips and tricks to help you adjust to university life quicker
- Help to cement your understanding of the support available at Derby
- Help you to meet new people in your discipline and develop your sense of community here at Derby
You can find out more about the scheme here - https://www.derbyunion.co.uk/change/pal/
To access the session click here: https://ca.bbcollab.com/guest/e44c315211f1478285fc7eb1bd06a434
Please note - due to the nature of this session it will not be recorded
This session is part of StudyFest 2020!
StudyFest is running 23rd - 27th November, to check out all the StudyFest sessions click here.
- Tuesday, November 24, 2020
- 2:00pm - 3:00pm
- Time Zone:
- UK, Ireland, Lisbon Time (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.