Wikipedia in the classroom (ACADEMICS ONLY) Online
If you are a member of staff and curious about how Wikipedia can be use as a teaching and learning tool in higher education, come along to this workshop!
Wikipedia editing can enhance student's digital literacy skills, serve as a fun and collaborative form of learning and can contribute towards the pursuit of global knowledge, diversity and open access.
In this workshop we will:
- Discuss some of the ways in which Wikipedia can be used in the classroom
- Share some examples of research and projects relating to Wikipedia use in HE
- Look at some case studies of previous educational uses, at Derby and elsewhere
- Learn the basics of Wikipedia editing
No experience is necessary.
- Tuesday, November 9, 2021
- 4:00pm - 5:00pm
- Time Zone:
- UK, Ireland, Lisbon Time (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.